Monday, October 31, 2011

Day I Was Caught Up Into Heaven, By Ayorinde

Samson-AyorindeFounder and General Overseer of World Evangelism Bible Church, Ojota, Lagos, Prophet Samson Ayorinde, speaks to NWAUBA CHIGOZIE on his calling, challenges of the ministry, global outreach and some national issues.

Calling

I REMEMBER vividly how God called me in an audible voice. That was when I was at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, studying to become an architect. I remember clearly that it was around February 15, 1986. I was writing my thesis in my room, Block F2, Room 15, Suleiman Hall.

At around 4:15pm, I heard an audible voice that called me to go and preach. Apparently, I?ve been a Nazarite from the womb of my mother, which is why I am called Samson. A prophet spoke of my birth, saying that I was going to be acknowledged all over the world.

Of course, as a young man, I didn?t take to it. I became an atheist; a follower of Darwin?s theory, until the day when I heard the Lord?s voice calling. That was the turning point. I sought the Lord, gave my life to Christ and started preaching the gospel.

The work has not been easy. Immediately the Lord called me, he led me through a series of fasting that culminated into a 40-day fast. I took only water just like my Master. I finished and was caught up into heaven and the Lord gave the name of the ministry as ?World Evangelism?. It was when I came to the earth that I added ?Bible Church? because I believed in Bible and I believe in church. The crusade angle matches with the World Evangelism ministries.

After that, the Lord crowned His work on me with a very powerful and versatile prophetess in the person of my wife, Mercy Bamidele Ayorinde, who is a strong prayer warrior, and a woman of fasting. Fine texture in character, she has been a very great support in the accomplishment of the big task.

We started very simply in our house in Zaria when she was working with the Ahmadu Bello University as a researcher. Later, the Lord told me to move to Lagos and I started here in Obudu from zero. The rest is history.

When we began having good results, they stopped us from showing miracles on the TV. I took the message to Europe and Europe took me away from Nigeria. You know, as the saying goes, ?prophets are not acceptable in their own country?. God so kind, after three to four years, I had my own television station? Faith Television, based in London where I have live transmissions 24 hours daily. Right now, we?re covering about 40 nations and we hope that our upcoming crusade is going to reach over 100 nations. God used the television station to amplify the work. We have now spread to Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, France, UK, Ireland, as well as America. In Africa we have reached South Africa, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Lagos and Zambia, as well as Jerusalem. Despite that, I can never forget Ogudu, Ojota. Lagos is the source, Obudu precisely.

Meeting with wife

I was praying and the Lord spoke to me, one day, while I was in the kitchen, that she is my wife. In her former church, she was a powerful prayer warrior, evangelist, soul winner and deaconess. I didn?t spiritualise it. I just called her and said, ?the Lord told me that you are my wife?.

Of course, she said no. You know women, when they say no, they mean yes. She first of all said no, that she wants to go and pray about it. I gave her time and she went to pray. The confirmation of that prayer is the person beside me today.

Challenges of coordinating the ministry from overseas

It has not been easy; it is like a half in the air, a half on the land. I am praying that God will give me a private jet. The fact is that one person cannot save the world, so I use the priority law? major on major, minor on minor. I take the major issues, do it, and for the minor, delegate other people to assist. One man can?t save the world.

Keeping a large and well-conducted church, as ours, has its own challenges. You gather two heads; you gather two problems. You gather two thousand people; you gather two thousand problems. Church is about ministering grace and favour to the people of God in solving challenges, managing crisis, managing people, infrastructure, finances and moving towards the kingdom of God while helping them to live a good and exemplary life.

Economic hardship

As you can see, currently, the global recession is being broadcast as one of the worst recessions in history, and the effects is more on the developed nations. But it is my prayer and I prophesy that it will not get to Nigeria in Jesus name. Amen. This is an emerging economy and with the presence of prophets and prophetesses in Nigeria, the people of God are praying and fasting. We will laugh with time. Even though, the world suffers because of this recession, Nigeria will be reigning and coming up because it is an emerging economy. And by the grace of God, through the leadership of President Jonathan and the most viable governor in Nigeria, Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola, Nigeria and Lagos State are going to have good results, come 2012. We shall have a good smile in Jesus name. Amen.

Theological background

Oh no. The only seminary I went through is the one in the Bible. I never had the opportunity. It would have been a very huge privilege to go to a seminary but I didn?t have the opportunity. I would have loved to.

Boko Haram

The Boko Haram problem is not a religious crisis. The problem is a political crisis, as we all know. Every bomb is an answer to thousands of unsaid issues. My friend?s church was burnt in Kaduna. I can tell you it is a political crisis. And it would only have a political solution? dialogue and not confrontation. You can never use war to settle war.

Removal of government?s subsidy on pilgrimage

In every nation, the issue of pilgrimage is an issue that is controversial. There is always something that is controversial about it. It depends on the strength of the economy of the country. There is no way that they will remove the subsidy 100 per cent. The issue of pilgrimage is a very sensitive one because Nigeria is a religious country and we want to suggest that government forms a forum to really look at the policy from time to time and update it.

But we should know, as a country, that the whole world is in a recession and a lot of countries now are reorganising. There are lots of tax cuts. There are lots of things people are doing to conserve money. We should be positive about change. Change is the only constant thing.

?Fuel subsidy

You know our government? they put tension on minors. The issue is not removing the fuel subsidy. The issue is that there is no constant power supply. If there is constant power supply then we won?t need generators.

Source: http://ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65845:day-i-was-caught-up-into-heaven-by-ayorinde&catid=102:ibru-ecumenical-centre&Itemid=596

Slovakia Australia Family finances Conservatives BBC2 Post-traumatic stress disorder

No comments:

Post a Comment